10 facts you didn’t know about @FarmersOfTheUK Twitter account
27th June 2017
Rural business adviser, founder of FarmersOfTheUK, FamersOfTheWorld, and social media trainer of Social Jungle!
Please note: the views expressed in this article are that of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of SellMyLivestock.
10 facts you didn’t know about the Farmers Of The UK account:
1. @1GarethWynJones was the 1st featured farmer on the account for the week 6-12th January 2014
2. To date there have now been 181 farmers who have featured
3. The account now numbers close to 26,000 followers
4. A sister account @FarmsOfTheWorld was also started in January 2016 and has close to 6,500 followers
5. 6 commercial organisations have featured, paying for the privilege, which went towards creating a website
6. The schedule is booked up on average 6-9 months in the future
8. An average week of tweets sees approx. 1.5 to 2m impressions on followers’ timelines
9. The FOTUK creator is also a co-founder of @AgriChatUK, the weekly discussion forum for the rural industry on Twitter
10. NFYFC host a takeover of the account the last week of September
10 farmers you should follow on Twitter who have featured on the Farmers Of The UK account:
Livestock for Sale
Check out all the latest livestock we have for sale.